Sunday Roll Call

Nicole0216
on 12/4/10 8:57 pm - Lancaster, PA
Good Morning all. I am at work this am for a couple of hours then I am running home to get ready for Lisa's 31 Purse Party at my house. All are welcome if you want to come along 11am is the time we start. 717-606-2477 if you need directions.

Spent some time with friends last night it was very nice. Spending time with people I love is helping deal with the hole losing sparkle has left. I am probably going to take a nap this afternoon after the party so I can be rested for the week, it is gonna be BUSY!!!! 

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. So many things to be thankful for even in the face of sadness.
bvohl
on 12/4/10 9:26 pm
Good Morning Nicole and PA!!

I am up bright and early because Dee has hebrew school this morning and they are doing a big Chanukah celebration. I can't say that I am happy about it because we were out late last night for a Holiday Party sponsored by HOG (Harley Owners Group). Hubby owns one and he is active in the chapter, but I have never really had any interest in that. Last night I had a realization. I used to feel so uncomfortable around his biker buddies, but last night was different. I realized that it was more about me feeling uncomfortable with my weight! I did not feel uncomfortable except for the A**hole who was sitting next to me! It makes me appreciate what I have with Steven that much more. He flirted with me right in front of Steven!! If it were anybody else I would have been flattered, but this guy was a class A idiot!! The good part of the night was that Steven and I got to spend quality time together which we have not had in A LONG TIME!!!! One of the stipulations of me going to this party was that he would dance with me. Well, we were starting to get tired and had more important things to do at home, if you know what I mean!! So, we left before I got my dance, but the stuff at home was MUCH better!! I finally feel that Steven and I are back on the road of life again! YEAH!! It was a rough couple of months and some things have worked out for both of us, so it is all good!

After the celebration at the synogogue, I am coming home and preparing for LATKE making!! I think I will also do some baking if I feel up to it!

Have a great day!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Nicole0216
on 12/4/10 9:32 pm - Lancaster, PA

Glad you had a few wow moments and that things with your hubby are improving. LIfe is hard and marriage is hard, it takes alot of work but it looks like you see that it is so worth it.

bvohl
on 12/5/10 2:53 am
Nicole,

It was a nice evening..... Hubby and I are back on track!!

Marriage IS hard!! I should know that after 13 years!!!

Thanks for responding!!

Beth

IdaMae D.
on 12/4/10 10:07 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Beth;

I know exactly what you mean when you say feeling uncomfortable with your weight not his buddies.  As I gained weight I felt the same way, I hated getting on the bike when I was heavy. 
Considering I love riding that really was a great motivator for me to fight to have this surgery.
The thought of having to give up riding for me was like loosing one of my arms or legs. 

So glad you had those wow moments last night and that you and Steven are back on track!!!!!!

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 12/5/10 2:55 am
Ida,

It is nice to know that I was not the only one! I don't ride with hubby, but being SO overweight really affected me, more than I realized at the time!

I am happy for the WOW moments AND that Steven and I are heading in the right direction!!!

Thanks,
Beth

IdaMae D.
on 12/4/10 10:02 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Nicole;

So sorry I cannot make it to your purse party today, would have been awesome to meet you!  But my Preacher's wifely duties kick in when Gene preaches on Sunday.  I'm sort of glad that this is not a full time gig for him, not sure I'm up to being a full time "preachers wife".  A few weeks ago he did get a letter from a church out towards Erie PA, we flirted with the idea of moving west, then went onto the church website and bam the picture of SNOW, (neither of us enjoy snow) was enough for him to write a very nice thank you but no thank you letter to the search committee.  I'd love to move west, however, when I/we think about it, our lives really are here.  He is teaching and in private practice (not that he couldn't do the same in Western PA) and I'm in school and do have a good solid job (by solid I mean one that is not going to lay me off).  I also have contact within the industry that once I have my MBA, a friend of mine that I currently work with knows an executive at another health insurance company and is going to hook us as her friend is an exe in the contract management side of that company which is where I'd like my career to head.

After church we'll spend some time attending fellowship hour with the congregation, then home for me to finjsh up my PP presentation for tomorrow evening's class, and Gene to complete grading papers for his class so he can return their finals to his class tomorrow evening.

I might bake some cookies once we get home from church dependent upon how far I get my PP presentation for tomorrow.  This time of year I get that baking bug - its one of the Christmas memories that live on from my mom , I really miss her during the holidays.  I've been searching for a springerlie rolling pin and can't find one in a local store.  My mom's somehow got chipped to the point it can no longer be used prior to her death and we never go around to replacing it  Again one of my pet peeves moving back to Philly where mom and I used to come to get everything because NJ never had what she wanted.  You'd think in Philly one would be able to find such a kitchen tool.  I wanted to make Springerlie's and Pfefferneus for Christmas this year since I've never shared those two German family recipes with Gene yet.  And I'd love to teach my oldest daughter how to make them, they got to be too much for mom to make so she never taught Bri those two recipes prior to her death.  I'll be the one passing those two along .   Anyway guess it will be Chocolate Chips and I found a recipe for Animal Crackers that I can't wait to make WLS friendly....

Hope everyone has an awesome day....

Ida

IdaMae

pennykid
on 12/5/10 2:09 am - PA
Being a preacher's kid, I can appreciate your hesitation about being a full time preacher's wife, Ida.  I loved many of the people in our church and have kept in touch with some, but it's a whole different life.  Lots of expectations on the family, and not a lot of privacy.  In one of our churches, people just walked into our house without knocking---they figured the church owned the rectory, so they could walk right in.  It's kind of nice being a 'nobody' now! 
Julia              
Lisa H.
on 12/4/10 10:53 pm - Whitehall, PA
Morning Nic.. sorry I can't make it to your house today, but too much going on here. 

Got a nice good morning call from a friend who didn't have much time to talk, but just wanted me to know he was thinking about me and to wish me luck for this afternoon... very nice call to get, even though it only lasted about a minute.  It was very sweet.  

I've already listened to Siehara practice her Bat Mitzvah stuff, cleaned the litter box, swept and mopped the kitchen floor, washed out the garbage can and loaded the dishwasher.  Siehara vacuumed the entire apartment.  Next week we switch. 

Right now, I am taking a break to catch up on OH and FB.  In a few minutes, I will get dressed and head to Weis' to pick up a few groceries and such.  The early afternoon will then be spent relaxing and learning to play the Sorry card game I got for Siehara for Hanukkah. 

Tonight is the 25th anniversary of our building gala at the synagogue, so I will need to get showered and all prettied up in my new dress!!  I'll drop Siehara off at her friend's house so they can go to a Hanukkah party and then I'll head to my party.  I went over the music with the pianist yesterday and we changed the key on a few of the songs to make them work better with my voice.  I am so excited and nervous for this to happen.  It is a much bigger "debut" than when I sang with him at the restaurant over the summer.  There are more songs and many more people there listening... plus I know these people. 

BUT, this is something I have wanted to do for a very long time and now I am getting to do it!!!!! It's going to be a great experience!!  

I'll have to grab Siehara on the way home and then home to a phone call from a friend and then bed.. back to the work grind tomorrow.

My tracker

hers 

kgoeller
on 12/5/10 12:39 am - Doylestown, PA
Morning, folks!

Nicole, I hope your party goes well - i promise that i WILL get out your way sometime soon!  

Took myself to yoga this morning, which felt sooooo good !  I was still very stiff and sore from my personal training appointment last week, so this worked out a bunch of that.  it was a different teacher than usual and this one usually does an advanced "power" class, so she pushed us a bit more than I'm used to in the beginner class, but it was great!  

I got home and got some stuff done, and then will be heading out to do the week's grocery shopping.  When i get home, I'll finish breaking down the jewelry displays and getting everything organized and packed for my vendor days (the first one is thursday) at the gym.  

I hope you all have a wonderful, healthy, and safe day.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views